The Report on “The Black Walnut Club” May 17, 2013
Posted by Wayne on May 25, 2013 in Folk Music, Kitchener, Live acoustic music |
We had a fine evening of Open Stage performances on Friday May 17, 2013. Everything worked well. Two new easily adjustable mike stands were a big improvement. The sound was great and we even heard the world premier of the “Black Walnut Club” song by Jim Skura. A fine song that is already a big hit.
Plan for June 21st when we will feature Fiddle & Swing. They are a family ensemble from Downtown Kitchener, drawing musical inspiration from artists as diverse as Stan Rogers, Natalie MacMaster, Duke Ellington and the Grateful Dead. Anna, Greg and Jacob deGroot-Maggetti play in a wide variety of genres, including folk, fiddle, jazz, bluegrass and classical. We have seen Jacob and Greg at the club before. Anna has been on Rotary Exchange in Brazil since July 2012, and is returning to Canada in mid-June (just in time for the Black Walnut Folk Evening) – Fiddle & Swing looks forward to adding Brazilian pieces and styles to their repertoire.
On May 17, 2013 the performers on the Open Stage were:
1) Dan Kearney, 2) Jack Guest, 3) Dan Hergott, 4) Jim Skura,
5) Lawrence Cresswell, 6) Terry Krentzkamp, 7) Randy Ouillette,
8) Jakki Annerino, 9) Peter Vander Maas, 10) Scott Abrams,
11) David Maranta, 12) Cam and Pat, 13) Wayne Cheater,
14) Brian Harvey, 15) Jacob and Greg, 16) Ken Robinson – NEW